Citrus Slam Top Ten
Written by Sarah on March 21, 2011
From the home office in Okahumpka, Florida, here’s a Top Ten list you won’t see anywhere else:
1) It seems fitting that a tournament sponsored by Power Pole (PP) would be won by Edwin Evers (EE). E-Squared is my favorite alliterative pro since Basil Bacon, one step ahead of Fish Fishburne.
2) Pat Golden in 5th place in the AOY race – is this his breakthrough year?
3) In an odd reversal of 2010 fortunes, KVD has two Sunday appearances and Skeet has none. How soon until people start asking “What’s wrong with Skeet?”
4) Number of anglers named “Ott” in the AOY top 20? One (he’s 19th).
5) After an atypically poor AOY campaign in 2010 (he finished 56th), Alton Jones seems to have righted his ship in Florida and currently leads the 2011 race.
6) Terry Scroggins may not have gotten the Elite Series win he covets, but he leaves the Florida swing in second place in the AOY race.
7) After his tumble into the drink, Clark Reehm needs a new Mercerized nickname to replace “the Reehm Machine” (which sounds a lot like “Dean the Machine” for Rojas). Any suggestions? Hopalong? The Stork?
8) If Pickwick somehow turns into a sight fishing tournament, Vegas might take bets on how long it takes for Denny Brauer’s head to explode.
9) Evers has now won six BASS events in six different states.
10) Keep hope alive! KVD weighed in only 12 pounds on Saturday and less than 6 on Sunday. I tell ya, the dude is vulnerable.
This blog was written by Pete Robbins, Facts of Fishing blogger and a fishing freak!